Connecticut Freedom of Information Act
The following lesson was provided to Connecticut Public and WSHU on August 16, 2022.
About Your Instructor
Dan Barrett is the American Civil Liberties Union of Connecticut’s legal director. His interests in the law include anonymous speech, freedom of movement, mass surveillance, and maximizing democratic control of government through open courts and open records. Prior to coming to the ACLU of Connecticut, Dan directed the litigation at the ACLU of Vermont for seven years and clerked for the Hon. Janet Bond Arterton of the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut.
• Introduction to Connecticut Public Records
• Connecticut Public Record Appeals
• Introduction to Connecticut Open Meeting Law
Additional Connecticut FOIA Lessons
• 3 Requests 3 Stories
• How Newsrooms Fight Public Record Denials
• Connecticut Public Records Request Template