Members of the NEFAC Board of Directors are reaching into their wallets again this year to match the first $6,500 in donations received between now and this weekend.
Beginning today your $50 donation becomes $100. A $100 donation becomes $200. And so on.
This is a special much-needed week-long opportunity to raise money for First Amendment and open government programs such as our:
· 30 Minute Skills | Quick-hit lessons that journalists can immediately use to improve their reporting.
· NEFAC Mentors | Our new mentorship program that pairs New England journalists with other reporters in the region.
· FOI Guide | A multimedia resource that features public record and open meeting law tutorials, legal references and legislation trackers.
· New England First Amendment Institute | Our annual multi-day investigative journalism training program for local journalists provided at no cost to those who attend.
· Public Records and Open Meeting Law Classes | Lessons on each New England state’s respective public records and open meeting laws taught by the region’s leading attorneys and journalists.
Your donation will also support our First Amendment and Free Press discussions, Featured Speaker program, legal advocacy, public commentary, New England First Amendment Awards and NEFAC Report, among many other programs and public services.