This law review article from May 2013 provides an overview of the legal issues generally raised by proposed drone regulations. Pages 61-64 explain First Amendment concerns specifically and pages 69-72 discuss various state-based approaches to address drone-related privacy laws.
In 2013, The Providence Journal published a series of stories exploring digital technology and how it is changing society. Several of these stories addressed the drone use.
- Drones on the Home Front
- Bills to Regulate Drone Use Expected Again This Year in RI General Assembly
- Future of Drone Use Appears to Be Wide-Open
- Bzzzz … How to Detect a Drone
Other Notable News Stories
- After Recent Ruling, America’s Commercial Drone Pilots Come Out of the Shadows | Wired 3.10.14
- Private, Public Use Of Drones Gets General Assembly Scrutiny | The Hartford Courant 2.24.14
- The Future of Sports Photography: Drones | The Atlantic 2.18.14
- FAA Says Drone Journalism ‘Not Allowed’ | PBS 1.6.14