Journalists from a variety of media and all six New England states will gather in Dedham, Mass., Nov. 16-18 to learn the latest investigative and database reporting techniques and public records access skills. The fellows chosen for this, the New England First Amendment Coalition’s fourth annual institute, reflect today’s diverse news media and come from daily and weekly newspapers, television and radio stations and online publications.
Location and Conference Hotel
The institute will be held at the headquarters of the New England Newspaper & Press Association at 370 Common Street in Dedham, Mass. For those in need of lodging, please notify NEFAC via mail[at]nefirstamendment.org to reserve a room at the Holiday Inn Dedham-Boston Hotel and Conference Center, 55 Ariadne Road in Dedham.
#NEFAI2014 (via Storify)
Application Materials — (Closed)
- Reporters Share Tips for Building Effective Source Network | NENPA 12.4.14
- How to Navigate FOIA’s Path to Public Records | NENPA 12.4.14
- Panel Gives Tips to Overcome Dodges of Public Records Requests | NENPA 12.4.14
- Editor Kaiser Opens Fourth Annual Institute, Asks Fellows to Maintain ‘Journalism Values’ | 11.16.14
- NEFAC Announces Journalism Fellows for 2014 New England First Amendment Institute | 10.28.14
- Applications Due Oct. 3 for NEFAC’s Annual New England First Amendment Institute | 9.29.14
- Sentinel Editor Kaiser to Highlight Institute; Applications Available for Journalists | 8.8.14
NEFAI Sponsors and Contributors
The Robertson Foundation | Jim and Cathy Stone | The Sigma Delta Chi Foundation of the Society of Professional Journalists | The Hartford Courant | The Academy of New England Journalists | The Boston Beer Company | The Plymouth Rock Foundation | The New England Newspaper & Press Association